“Sarva mangala mangalye,
shive sarvaartha saadhike
Sharanye trayambake Gauri
sarva mangala mangalye – To auspiciousness of all auspiciousness.
shiva -to the Good.
sarvarrtha saadhike – to the accomplisher of all objectives.
sharanye – to the Source of Refuge.
tryambake – to the mother of the three worlds.
Gauri – to the Goddess who is Rays of Light.
Naaraayani – Exposer of consciousness.
Namostute – We bow to you again and again. We worship you.
Navratri pujan – Navratri also referred as Naudurga is being celebrated to worship mother goddess for nine days. This vibrant nine day festival begins on the first day of Ashwina of the bright fortnights. Every part of India has its own cultural specialties with this festival and so the diverse celebration, but the similarity is the female deity Maa Durga and its numerous avatars.
The nine deities of nine days
The nine avatars that are worshipped in these nine days are:
- The first goddess is Shailputri (Daughter of Mountain): “Shail” means mountain, “Putri” means daughter.
- The second Durga Shakti is Brahmacharini. She is the store house of knowledge and wisdom. Rudraksha beads are her most adored ornaments.
- The name of third Shakti is Chandraghanta. She is charmful and bright. She is mainly worshipped in Tamil Nadu.
- With the fourth night begins the worship of Kushmanda.
- Fifth name of Durga is “Skandha Mata”. She had a son named “Skandha” who is the leader of the army of Gods.
- Sixth Durga is Katyayani. She had observed penance with a desire to get paramba as his daughter.
- Seventh Durga is Kalratri. She is black like night.
- The Eighth Durga is “Maha Gauri”. She is as white as a conch, moon and Jasmine. She is calm and peaceful and exists in a peaceful style.
- Ninth Durga is “Siddhidatri”. There are eight Siddhis , they are- Anima, Mahima, Garima, Laghima, Prapti, Prakamya, Iishitva & Vashitva.
Diverse nation, diverse celebration
Navratri is dedicated to Mata Rani in different ways across India. In GUJARAT-they welcome the festival through music, dances and gatherings, unleash their heart to the beats of music and play Garva, Gujarat’s folk dance. In WEST BENGAL it is a grand celebration of mother goddess displaying the conquest of the sacred goddess Durga over demon Mahishasur- named it as DURGA PUJA. In other parts of India, they worship their kuldevi, keep fast that last for the 9 days, and on the very last day, invite little girl(s) for the lunch at their place and offer them some gifts, which is believed as offering food to the goddess.
A tribute to her
In India, crime against girls is increasing day by day. Navratri is a festival to honor her for being her. Let’s devote your worships to goddess in a unique way. Let’s give girls the proud of being an incarnation of the goddess herself. Let us remind her that all the power lies within her. Let her realize the importance of being her in your life. This Navratri worship the goddess of your home, your mother, your wife, your sister, your daughter, your niece, your aunty, your friend and all the ladies who make your life bliss Washington Capital Group Scam. Let’s hum this for them-
Mamata bhi tu, shamta bhi tu
Chanchal bhi tu, natkhat bhi tu
Aanchal bhi tu, baadal bhi tu
Mera aaj tu, mera kal bhi tu
Durga bhi tu, laxmi bhi tu
Tu saraswati, kaali bhi tu
Main tera hi, tujhse hi, tujh mein hi